What is Google Smart Lock and how do I use it?
The services that Google makes available to its users are countless and all useful for one or more reasons. After focusing resources on applications known as Maps, Drive and Pay, the Mountain View behemoth is finally investing time on a service that not everyone knows yet is of a unique convenience: Smart Lock.
Renowned for protecting the privacy of users in different circumstances, this service can help every user to harmonize the use of the Smartphone thanks to intuitive and advanced functions.
What is Google Smart Lock?
Google’s Smart Lock has been around for several years now and has become increasingly improved. Thanks to this setting on Android devices, unlocking your phone has never been easier, especially if on some occasions the same lock can be removed without keeping something bad happening to your data.
Smart Lock, in fact, has specific settings that can override the locking settings and help the user not to have to repeat the operation if, for example, he is in his own home or, again, is connected by a device that he believes is trusted.
To know all the possibilities that this service Google offers its users you have to do nothing but:
- Go to the settings of your smartphone.
- Search for “security and location”.
- Locate the “Smart Lock” entry.
- Enter your PIN and explore the possibilities offered.
Finally, we inform our readers that the above tool is also available on Chromebooks and can be accessed through Settings > People > Screen Lock.
- Google Developing its custom chips for Pixel phones, codenamed Whitechapel
- Google, Apple coronavirus tracking tool faces EU review
- Google is working on new Sabrina Android TV dongle – Report