AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT and AMD Radeon RX 5600M are Navi based Radeon RX 5000 series chipsets that are scheduled to be unveiled after a week at CES 2020 event. Just before its release, AMD Radeon RX 5600M has been benchmarked in 3DMark FIrestrike. The benchmark index revealed the graphics performance of AMD Radeon RX 5600M on par with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.
Just a few days back, it was revealed that AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT desktop graphics card would come with 36 Compute Units or 2304 stream processors, a 6 GB GDDR6 memory with a bit bus interface of 192, and bandwidth of 288 GB/s.
The 3DMark entry conveys that both the devices AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT and AMD Radeon RX 5600M comes with a 6 GB GDDR6 memory. They are going to be the first 6 GB graphics cards from AMD.
As far as performance is considered, AMD Radeon RX 5600M and RTX 2060 delivers more or less the same. In the benchmark index, AMD Radeon RX 5600M scored 14609 while NVIDIA RTX 2060 scored 14812. It should be noted that Intel Core i9-9980H is almost 30% faster than AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with higher clock speeds, 8 core, and 16 threads.
It seems that with this level of performance from both the brands, pricing will play a big role. Radeon RX 5600 XT has not yet been tagged with a price tag by AMD but we know that NVIDEA’s GeForce RTX 2060 retails around US $ 349. Experts have estimated that AMD will price Radeon RX 5600 XT around US $ 279 to US $ $299.
Komachi_Ensaka reported that the chip is known as Navi 12 and it points towards an entirely new GPU SKU (GFX1011) line up.
3DMark GPU benchmark scores of RX 5600 XT are given below,
- RX 5600 XT 3DMark Time Spy: 6446 Graphics Score, 5884 Overall Score
- RX 5600 XT 3DMark Time Spy Extreme: 2815 Graphics Score, 2576 Overall Score
- RX 5600 XT 3DMark Time Spy Ultra: 2791 Graphics Score, 2891 Overall Score
- RX 5600 XT Fire Strike: 18906 Graphics Score, 14341 Overall Score
- RX 5600 XT Fire Strike Extreme: 9198 Graphics Score, 8087 Overall Score
- RX 5600 XT Fire Strike Ultra: 4738 Graphics Score, 4672 Overall Score