With the release of Android 10, which is the 17th version of the Android mobile operating system lots of mobile brands have started working to incorporate their own custom user interfaces. All the major smartphone manufacturers like Oppo, Samsung and Xiaomi have brought about new UI updates like ColorOS 7, OneUI 2.0 and MIUI 11. Many more companies are making new UIs based on Android 10.
LG is also one among them and it has upgraded the UI to LG UX 9.0 by borrowing some core features from Android 10. It might look similar to Samsung’s OneUI but is unique in its own way.
LG has already launched the LG UX 9.0 earlier with Android 9 Pie with its latest smartphone, LG G8X. But the updated version using Android 10 will bring about lots of new features to the UX 9.0 and significantly improve the user experience compared to UX 8.
Let’s discuss the major features of the new LG UX 9.0 here.
LG UX 9.0 Features
The LG US 9.0 has lots of enhanced features and are borrowed from the latest android 10 as discussed earlier and these features can be explained as follows:
1. Messaging: The app will present more space in between contacts and also more chat preview so that one can see more of their messages on the main screen.
2. World Clock: Time from different countries are displayed on the cloak app and you can select which country you need to access the time. The color scheme is bigger and bolder.
3. Phone Dialer: LG UX 9.0 has improved outlook and all options like dialler, call logs, contacts, etc are displayed towards the bottom of the screen making it more convenient to access these features.
4. Night Mode (Dark Mode): It has a system-wide dark mode and the entire system is available in dark background. This helps to save battery and work efficiently.
5. Album Application: The gallery is more organized with better options. You can easily move unwanted pictures to trash can which is open at the end of the screen. Also one can organize their albums more effectively.
6. Enhanced Security: The LG UX9.0 will follow all the advanced security features belonging to google.
List of Supported Phones for LG UX 9.0 Update
- LG G8X Thinq
- LG G8S ThinQ
- LG G8 ThinQ
- LG V50 ThinQ 5G
- LG V50S ThinQ 5G
- LG V40 ThinQ
- LG V30
- LG V30S ThinQ
- LG G7 ThinQ
LG UX 9.0 Release Date
The exact release date of LG UX 9.0 is not confirmed as of now but by the end of this year, it is said that some of the phones might be getting a beta update. LG also confirms that the new UI is optimized for LG G8X ThinQ making it the first smartphone to get LG UX 9.0.
Do share your thoughts on UX 9.0 in the comment section below! If you are pretty much interested with custom UI, then check our post on Best KLWP themes for Android.