A well known Chinese smartphones maker Nubia has officially launched its latest flagship smartphone, the Nubia Z20 at an event held in China. The smartphone comes with dual display, two curved display, Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset, 2 fingerprint sensors and equipped with triple camera setup at the rear.
The Nubia Z20 sports two displays that include a 6.42-inch Full HD+ AMOLED primary display and a 5.1-inch HD+ AMOLED panel on the backside of the device. The device comes with no notch, no hole-punch design that gives a premium look. Both the display works perfectly and blends with the back panel when needed and it supports AOD 2.0 that offers an Always On Display technology.
The flagship Nubia Z20 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor coupled with 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB/5128GB internal storage. The device will be released in 3 variants based on the RAM and storage capacity.
Talking about the camera, the Nubia Z20 is equipped with a triple rear camera setup that includes a 48-megapixel primary sensor with f/1.7 lens, a 16MP ultra-wide-angle sensor that offers 122-degrees FoV and lastly an 8MP telephoto sensor that offers 3X optical zoom and 30X digital zoom. It can shoot 8K videos, supports 2.5cm macro shots, high-quality portraits, night mode and has a dual flash setup on the rear.
Interesting, the camera doesn’t have any dedicated selfie shooter instead the Nubia Z20 will make use of the rear camera Setup for video calling and for taking selfies. Alongside, the device is packed with a massive 4,000mAh battery that supports 27W fast charging support. Another key feature of this smartphone will be the dual fingerprint sensors placed beneath both the display. The device will be running the custom Nubia UI 7.0 based on Android 9 Pie out of the box. Connectivity options include a USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.1, and dual 4G VoLTE support.
Talking about the pricing and availability, the Nubia Z20 comes in three color variants – Blue, Black and Orange. The 6GB + 128GB Nubia Z20 variant is priced at $497 (3,499 Yuan) and the 8GB + 128GB variant is priced at $525 (3,699 Yuan). The Nubia Z20 8GB + 512GB variant is priced at $596 (4,199 Yuan). The device is up for pre-order in China and goes on sale from August 16.
Nubia Z20 Specifications
- Dual Display – 6.42-inch (1080 × 2340 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ AMOLED and 5.1-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ AMOLED secondary display.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 8GB RAM with 128GB storage (UFS 3.0) / 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with custom Nubia UI 7.0
- Triple Rear Camera Setup – 48MP + 16MP + 8MP
- Dual side-mounted fingerprint sensors.
- Dimensions: 158.63×75.26×9mm; Weight: 186g.
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual GPS (L1/L5), USB Type-C port.
- 4,000mAh battery with 27W fast charging technology.